Wet Basements & Waterproofing
Nothing is more frustrating than dealing with a wet basement. Water damages walls, windows, floors and leads to other moisture-related problems such as mould. A.P. Hurley fixes wet basement problems, as well provides waterproofing solutions on new builds.
If you notice damp or wet basement walls, windows or floors or a musty odour, water may be leaking into your basement. You may notice water or moisture most after heavy rains or with melting snow when excess water pushes through small cracks in your foundation. Foundations can crack over time from seasonal temperature changes, settling or even improper waterproofing during construction. Not only does this compromise your foundation, if left unchecked it will only get worse and lead to moisture-related problems including mould and rot.
Where Wet Basements Come From
- Surface water running down foundation walls
- Groundwater in water saturated soils being pushed into the basement by hydrostatic pressure
- Storm sewer water from the municipal storm sewer system backing up into the home’s basement.
- Sanitary sewer water from a combined municipal storm/sanitary sewer system backing up into the home’s drain system.
Repairing Basement Cracks
A.P. Hurley offers basement waterproofing solutions to protect Oxford County homeowners and property managers from the damage caused by water leakage and excess moisture:
- Exterior Waterproofing
- Interior Waterproofing
- Sump Pump Installations
- Window Well Waterproofing
Don’t delay. Repairing and sealing surface water entry points can be done quite quickly compared to the damage caused if left unchecked.
Call A.P. Hurley to fix your wet basement problems.
Protect the structural integrity, value and health of your home with A.P. Hurley in Woodstock, ON. Call today to get your wet basement problems fixed.Call Now